Sunday 6 July 2014

Lamb Nursery Diaper Caddy

Life has been happening and I have neglected my sewing and my writing.

After a wonderful weekend in the Galloway National park in Scotland, surrounded by pine trees, cows, lamb and sheep (yes, just like Mel Gibson's village in Braveheart) I got inspired.


I brought a little friend along. He is not my dog but we had a lovely time crossing streams...


and hiking hills.

It was his first time away from home and he loved taking in the view of Loch Trool.



When I returned home, I felt like revisiting that green check fabric from an earlier post.


I made this little lamb with some left over tan cotton and super soft white fleece. I hand drew the applique and used bondaweb to attach, before stitching. The eyes and nose are hand stitched with embroidery floss.
 I added a few buttons for colour and interest and corrected this ridge across his face with better ironing. I think I will add some soft toy stuffing next time to the underside of the head before I attach the fluffy crown, to give it a nice 3D shape and hide the body stitch under.
 And hand tied a ribbon for that pop of yellow!
 It has a square base and just the right height for baby products.


Isn't it cute?

Have a lovely Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...