Thursday 25 September 2014

Fox Caddy, Raccoon Case, Squirrel and Dotty Clutch

Fox Caddy, Raccoon Case, Squirrel and Dotty Clutch


This week I have been fortunate to have time to sew every day and wanted to share the joy with you. Here is what I made.

Fox Caddy


 This is a new fox design, with more detail.
I am pleased with how he came out, I made his legs out of wool felt: they are soft and 3D.

I had some leftover fabrics from the Acacia Blue line I bought back in July and made a small case for an e-reader or tablet.

Raccoon Tablet Case

 The eyes of that raccoon are magical, I swear he can see me!

A Squirrel Basket 

This basket was made with blue edging on the top of the pockets, using my Fabric Basket Tutorial for the lovely London fabric shop The Village Haberdashery. It is written for absolute beginners, if you can sew a line (preferably straight) you can do it!

I am so proud how I patiently stitched that blue edge in the ditch and did not go over.It is my challenge this year to become more accurate and precise, getting it right first time, instead of my tendency to rush and end up ripping seams later.

Polka Dot Clutch and Strap

 This fits a pack of baby wipes and a few diapers, for a chic solution to changing baby on the go...

...and it matches the Dotty Taupe Basket


I have two more new foxes designed and the patterns cut, ready to be sewn so something to show you soon.

Enjoying the last of the autumn sunshine, warm wishes to you all.

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...