Sunday 5 October 2014

Sunday Stash 5th October 2014

Polka Dots

My new additions this week are very...dotty



Pink and soft green polka dot quilting cotton

And some candy coloured threads to co-ordinate. I also bought these Janome embroidery scissors which allow me to get very close the the base of the thread and snip it cleanly.

I need some new pins-these have become bendy and are fast losing their sharpness.

A new experiment today- I made a couple of contoured burp cloths.

 I made the tag into a handy hanging loop. These are lightweight with little polyester padding for easy washing and fast drying.


There are so many versions out there and I just made up the pattern measuring myself and drawing a curve freehand, then copying it for the other side. I used some newspaper as a template to get the shape right (scrunch it up first so it does not slip as much). If you want a tutorial, have a look at the Contoured Burp Cloths Tutorial by cloud9fabrics.


Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...